1/ Conditions of participation
To take part in the kitesurfing courses you must :
- Know how to swim 50 meters
- Have a FFVL licence
- Provide a parental authorization for minors
- Accept the general sales conditions
2/ Registration and booking
Registrations can be made by phone at 06.62.35.12.62 or by email via the booking tab on the KGG website https://kitesurfhyeres.com/en
Once your booking request has been made and the dates validated with the school, you have 8 days to pay the deposit in order to validate the registration.
A deposit of 50% must be paid for each student.
The deposit can be paid by cheque, bank transfer or cash.
The reservation is valid for 8 days, after this period the dates of the courses will be reallocated.
The balance of the payment must be paid on the first day of the course.
Payments can be made by cheque, holiday vouchers, cash or bank transfer.
Gift vouchers must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
3/ The courses
The meeting time for the course is fixed the day before for the following day after consultation of the weather forecast.
Each course is composed of a maximum of 4 beginners.
The duration of the course is 3h30 in total, except for specific courses.
The 3.5 hour course includes: welcome, licence application, dressing of the trainees, choice and preparation of the equipment, briefing, travel time to the kitesurfing spot, placing the trainees in the water, kitesurfing practice time, return to the school, storage of the equipment and a debriefing.
When the course is not full, the duration of the session can be reduced as there is less time to set up.
Weather permitting, courses must be validated within the period given by the trainee. The client cannot refuse a course slot when the weather conditions are favourable or the course will be lost and counted.
4 /Drop off at sea
The student registered for a sea drop-off must be able to go upwind and have the autonomous level. If the student does not have this level, a course will be charged instead of a drop-off.
5/ FFVL licence and insurance
The subscription to a FFVL licence is compulsory to participate in the courses.
The licence must be paid directly to the FFVL. The price of the licence is not included in the course fees.
The FFVL membership covers you in civil liability for the practice of kitesurfing.
You can subscribe to your licence either on the FFVL website or on paper with the instructor on the first day of the course.
Link to FFVL website https://intranet.ffvl.fr/ffvl_licenceonline/pre_rempli/NEW/12772/12/1040#fin
Our school number 01969
- Contact days 2 days :7,50 Euros
Valid for 2 consecutive days. Medical certificate not required
Included : RC and IA for kite, wing foil and catakite.
- Kitesurfing course 9 days in school: 18,50 Euros
Valid for 2 months. Medical certificate not required
Included: RC for kite, wing foil and outdoor sports.
- Annual licence in school: 25,00 Euros
Supervised practice under the responsibility of an instructor. Medical certificate required
Included : RC for kite, wing foil and outdoor sports.
- Annual kite licence for first-time kiteboarders: 44,00 Euros
For supervised and autonomous practice. Medical certificate required
Included : RC for kite, wing foil and outdoor sports.
- In the event of cancellation by the trainee more than 15 days before the start of the course, the deposit will be refunded.
- In the event of cancellation by the trainee less than 15 days before the start of the course, the deposit is retained.
- In case of cancellation by the school, for reasons beyond our control, a new date will be proposed. If the new date is not suitable for the student, the deposit will be refunded.
- If the weather conditions do not allow a course to start and no teaching content has been set up, the instructor will reschedule the course to a later time or date in agreement with the student. If no rescheduling is possible for the student, a credit note will be issued.
- Any course started more than 30 minutes ago is considered due, whatever the evolution of the weather.
- Courses are nominative, any course started is due in full.
- Membership cards and gift vouchers are non-refundable.
- All courses, season tickets and gift vouchers are valid for the current season. A 10% surcharge will be required to renew the validity for the following season, renewable once only.
- Once the course has been paid for, if you do not show up for the course or are late, the course is considered due and no refund will be given.
- The price of a course that is not completed in full will be deducted from the price of the individual lessons and not from the degressive price of 2, 3, 4 lessons. Ex: If I take a course of 5 lessons and I only do 4, I have to pay 4 lessons per unit (and I lose the “5 lessons” discount).
7.1 School equipment made available during the course
The material provided by the school must be respected by the student and used as indicated by the instructor.
7.2 Personal equipment used during the course
Personal equipment used during the course is the sole responsibility of the student.
In case of breakage or loss, the student is solely responsible.
We recommend that students use protective covers to protect their personal equipment in order to avoid possible damage during the sessions, either on the boat or at the practice site.
Personal equipment used during drop offs, coaching sessions and raids is the responsibility of the owner in case of breakage or loss of equipment.
7.3 Rental of equipment :
- A deposit cheque is required for all equipment hire.
- Any equipment returned late will be invoiced in addition according to the KGG rental price list.
- The hirer certifies that he/she has no contraindication to the practice of kitesurfing.
- The hirer certifies that he/she has the level of an autonomous kitesurfer and has the technical skills to use the rented equipment in complete safety.
- During the rental period, the hirer is responsible for the rented goods and assumes sole responsibility in the event of damage, breakage, loss and theft as well as damage caused to third parties.
In the event of damage to the equipment, the hirer must pay the invoice for the repair costs to the Kite School KGG.
- In the event of breakage, loss or theft of equipment, the hirer shall pay for the equipment in full in accordance with the KGG equipment sales price list. The hirer may keep the broken equipment.
- An inspection will be carried out with the instructor and the rental company before and after the rental period.
- The KGG Kite School will not be held responsible for any damage to property or personal injury caused to the renter while using the rented equipment or for any damage caused to a third party.
- The hirer must use his civil liability insurance to declare any physical and/or material damage caused to third parties.
- A rental fee will be charged to test the equipment before purchase if the sale is not successful.
8 / Image rights
I authorize the KGG Kite School to take photos and videos of me during my kiteboarding lessons and to use my image on videos, flyers and the website.
The KGG Kite School is expressly forbidden to use the photographs in any way that might infringe on my private life or reputation, and to use the photographs in any pornographic, racist, xenophobic or any other prejudicial way.
I acknowledge that I am fully entitled to my rights and I shall not be entitled to any remuneration for the exploitation of the rights referred to herein.